Master of Arts in Theology
Master of Arts in Biblical Studies
Masters in Theology
- A complete online application form and $65 application fee
- A personal statement of no more than three pages in length that discusses:
1. Reason for pursuing graduate study
2. Personal and academic background
3. Assumed responsibility for your own personal growth
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate course work
- Two letters of reference
- 18 credits in theology with minimum B average
- Interview with the Program Director
- Approval by the Committee on Admissions
Admission Deadlines – Domestic
Admission is rolling, but domestic applicants must complete their applications at least one week before the start of class.
Summer 1, 2023: May 23
Summer 2, 2023: June 26
Fall, 2023: Late August (exact date TBD)
Spring, 2024: Mid-January (exact date TBD)
Admission Deadlines – International
Summer, 2023: January 1
Fall, 2023: April 1
Spring, 2024: September 1
To learn more about the international graduate application process and requirements, please see the International Graduate Admission page.
Please reference the following application process steps for international applicants:
- Apply for academic admission and ensure you meet the minimum requirements by visiting your academic department’s website.
- Complete the Graduate Application and submit your transcripts to the credential evaluation service.
- Complete the International Graduate Student Supplement Forms.
- Submit all documents, including a copy of your letter of academic admission, to the Program Director of the degree program for which you are applying, Graduate Program Contacts. Electronic copies are sufficient for I-20 issuance, but originals must be submitted upon arrival to the United States.
Graduate assistantships are available to students who have been admitted into a graduate program at Providence College. Once students complete their application and are admitted into a program, they are invited to apply to graduate assistant positions.
To learn more about graduate assistant positions and benefits, please visit the Graduate Assistantships page.